Ecotourism, Agrotourism, Ecology, the 'great outdoors' and respect to humanity and its .
PERFECT TIME FOR START : 0900hrs
DURATION : AVAILABILITY :
• Meeting Green foot Representative at early agreed place in Dambulla or Sigiriya
• Start your excursion
• Drive to Hingurakgoda farm, This tour includes Mango cultivation, Vegetable Garden, Machinery Yard, Seed Processing Unit, Banana Cultivation, Plant Nursery, Home Garden, Compost Production, Livestock Production and many other agricultural attractions
• En Route visit Dambulla vegetable market (which is the largest vegetable market in Sri Lanka.)And buy some fresh vegetable and fruit for evening cookery demonstration
• Evening you will cook your vegetable and fruit according to local recipe with experience Chef
• Experience your own dish
Our world’s population is now six billion and growing so there is an increasing need for food. Sri Lanka is one of the finest destinations for agro culture since ancient time. Sri Lanka Mini tours offers exclusive agrobiologic and cookery experience. Countryside is where visitors can browse, learn, explore, participate in activities and purchase produce. Great for kids, a recommended family outing.
Participating farms include that Mango cultivation, Vegetable Garden, Machinery Yard, Seed Processing Unit, Banana Cultivation, Plant Nursery, Home Garden, Compost Production, Livestock Production and many other agricultural attractions .Walk around the farm. You will see Fruit plants such as Mango, guava, orange, lime are produced in the plants nursery to supply quality planting material to farmers, produce high quality compost using bio mass available in the farm and buffalo dung.
The farm has the best buffalo herd in the country with high yielding breeds that include Murrah and Nili Ravi for the purpose of milk production as well as breeding. The farm is equipped with a laboratory and milk processing centre and the milking is fully mechanized. Twenty acres of high yielding quality grass and fodder is grown under sprinkler irrigation to feed the buffalo herd.The farm has Fifty acres of banana has been cultivated under high technology and modern agricultural methods for exports. Special sprinkler irrigation systems have been introduced for irrigation and fustigation.
En route shopping at Dambulla market biggest vegetable market in Sri Lanka with your guide and buy veritable and other what recipe you sleeted for cookery. Start your evening cookery experience with experience local chef. You can learn and taste. This is ideal for children and family groups. Take a group photos. Enjoy our authentic culture.
What to bring
• Sun Hat
• Follow your guide
• Avoided from touching fauna and flora
Be a responsible traveler with your every step to save the future