Reliable wind, constant sunshine and beautifully warm water that makes it the perfect surfing getaway.
PERFECT TIME FOR START : MORNING - 0900hrs
DURATION : AVAILABILITY :
• Meet Sri Lanka Mini tours representative at your hotel and you will transported to Kalpitiya
• Start your fly
If you want to be sure of wind, sun and adventure then Kalpitiya is the ideal location. Perfect wind and wave conditions, combined with the beautiful sandy beaches. Whether you're an experienced kite boarder or a complete novice. It’s not just the reliable wind, constant sunshine and beautifully warm water that makes it the perfect winter getaway.
Quite remarkable untouched wonderful costal are in Sri Lanka. The Kalpitiya region is one of the most beautiful coastal areas located in the Western Province of Sri Lanka, by being a famous destination for the beach tourists and also is like a heaven for a rich bio diversity including various species of flora and fauna.
During the South-West monsoon from May to September the peninsula of Kalpitiya delivers 20 knot winds day and night, peaking around 30 knots. Blessed with a number of flat water lagoons, wave riding spots in the ocean and an archipelago of sandbanks and islands creating breathtaking sceneries, Kalpitiya is paradise for kite surfers.
Stretching from December to March, together with the North-West monsoon, also have a mini season when kites are dancing in the Kalpitiya sky. Wind is normally giving 17 – 20 knots, but you might find a pleasant surprise when the thermal wind kicks in. During this period our sea is blue and calm, perfect for experiencing the underwater world through snorkeling, fishing and dolphin and whale watching.
Sri Lanka Mini tours (SLMT) offer to plunge into this amazing trill with its exclusive Kite surf tour. All essential equipment will be provided with a fully trained and experienced and certified by international Kite boarding Organization.
Your safety always comes first. This is your chance to make truly unique memories and explore a world that has been largely untouched.
What to bring
• Sun Hat
• Towel & Change of Clothes
• All participants will be given a safety briefing.
• The importance of listening to the guide or instructor.
• Don't surf alone.
• Don't go in overhead environments.
• learn how to launch and land your kite safely.
• When rigging your kite, make sure to double check your lines before launching.
• Know the hand signals and water rules.
• ALWAYS detach your lines from your kite when your kite is not in use, and never leave your kite unattended.
• Know yourself rescue techniques, never go out further than you can swim.
• For health reasons, you must not fly within 24 hours of your last surf. Please remember this when planning your surfing activities.
Be a responsible traveler with your every step to save the future