Expriece the lake fishing in traditional style
PERFECT TIME FOR START : MORNING - 0600hrs | EVENING - 1300hrs
DURATION : AVAILABILITY : <
• Meeting SLMT Representative at early agreed place at Anuradhapura or Wilpattu
• Start your inland fishing tour with Catamaran
• Bird watching at Kala oya bank
• Village walk around Rajanganaya farm village
• Fish BBQ experience and Village lunch
• Optional Evening do a Safari at Wilpattu National park
Fishing is an ancient practice and life style. Sri Lanka is a peal of Indian Ocean surrounded beautiful blue water and also it is home to wide variety of colour water and delicious eating local fish species. Our awesome in land Fishing Adventures can take you to unexploited 100 of lakes and fresh water spots at close to the lagoon and countryside.
Rajanganaya reservoir is a contemporary irrigation construction that was built in 1950’s by building a dam across Kala Oya in order to provide irrigation water for Rajanganaya Farmers. This tank provides water to tens of thousands Acres of faddy and other cultivations. The scenic lake it’s a fun, friendly experience as you wait alongside the wives and young children of fisherman, who’ve gone out to retrieve their fishing nets laid out the night before – a great way to get to know the locals and if you like you can some mix with local.
Madu Ganga is regarded as Sri Lanka's second largest wetland consisting 915 hectares. It was origi¬nally said that the wetland was flanked by 64 islands but only 25 remain today. Ma Duwa is the largest among them and shelters around 500 families while the smallest is the Sata Paha Doopatha(The Five-cent Island) which resembles a five-cent coin.
Glimpse of Huge land area in green below the reservoir. This lush green area consisting with local farming, fishing, the smiling people dark green faddy field and huge water trimming your dream holiday. Grange a coco drinks “Kurumba” that is refreshing your energy for back hotel or destination.
Being a traditional fishing ground for centuries there are so many popular varieties of fish like different species of catfish, snakehead (known as “Lula” locally), eels, and other lake fish.
Sri Lanka Mini tours (SLMT) provides knowledge local experience guide, life jackets, Fishing reels and rods and all fishing equipment. Snakes and refreshment and water battle, BBQ with village lunch, dancing experience will be provided Enjoy exclusive experiences in the lake beauty with this magnificent game fishing take back with you memories to last a lifetime.
What to bring
• Sun Hat
• All participants will be given a safety briefing.
• the importance of listening to the guide or instructor.
• Always wearing life jacket.
• Don't swim if there is any doubt about your ability. Never dive into the water of an unknown area.
• Handle your fishing equipment responsibly. Look behind you before you cast to make sure your hook will not get caught on a power line, person, and trees. To avoid accidents.
• Don’t leave your tackle lying on the ground. Someone can trip on it, step on a hook or break your equipment.
• When transporting your equipment, remove the hook or lure from the line and store it in your tackle box.
Be a responsible traveler with your every step to save the future