Stunning reefs, magnificent
marine life and beautiful
DURATION : AVAILABILITY :
• Meet Sri Lanka Mini tours representative at early agreed place in Hikkaduwa
• Start your under water exploration
Hikkaduwa is one of the best destinations among water and beach lovers. Dozens of excursions available in Hikkaduwa. For divers, leisurely swimmers and snorkelers never miss for their vacation.
Hikkaduwa national park Is one of the second marine national parks in Sri Lanka. The national park consisting with a fringing coral reef of high degree of biodiversity. Hikkaduwa’s Coral Sanctuary, Inter-monsoon season is a dry period which is considered the best season to visit the park.
Fallacious Montipora species prominent the coral reef. Encrusting and branching species are also present. Faviidae and Poritidae corals are contained in the inshore areas of the reef in massive colonies. Staghorn, elkhorn, cabbage, brain, table and star corals are all present in the reef. Corals of 60 species belonging to 31 genera are recorded from the reef. The reef also recorded over 170 species of reef fish belonging to 76 genera.
Sea grasses provide habitat to Dugong and sea turtles. Some species of prawns feed on the sea grass. Eight species of ornamental fishes also inhabit the reef, along with many vertebrates and invertebrates including crabs, prawns, shrimps, oysters and sea worms.
Sri Lanka Mini tours (SLMT) give you the chance to plunge into this amazing underwater world with its exclusive Snorkelling tour. Your safety always comes first. All equipments and experience guide will be provided. This is your chance to make truly unique memories and explore a world that has been largely untouched.
What to bring
• Sun Hat
• Towel & Change of Clothes
• All participants will be given a safety briefing.
• The importance of listening to the guide or instructor.
• Don't dive alone.
• Always check your gear.
• Never hold your breath.
• Don't ascend faster than your smallest exhaled bubbles.
• Don't stay down too long.
• Don't dive too deep.
• Don't go in overhead environments.
• Don't dive beyond your training.
• Don't forget your safety stop.
• Don't forget to log your dives.
• For health reasons, you must not fly within 24 hours of your last dive. Please remember this when planning your diving activities
Be a responsible traveler with your every step to save the future