Stunning reefs, magnificent
marine life and beautiful
DURATION : AVAILABILITY :
• Meet Sri Lanka Mini tours representative at early agreed place in Nilaveli
• Start your under water exploration
Pigeon Island is one of the finest aquatic National parks in Sri Lanka. Rich marine life and best coral reefs covers Small Island. Ideal spots to diving and Snorkelling.
Located 1Km off the cost of Nilaveli a coastal town in Trincomalee, Pigeon Island, is one of the few marine National parks in the world and surely the most attractive marine National park. Pigeon island National Park consists of two small Island and island declared a sanctuary in 1963 for the purpose of protecting birds and Marine life. In 2003 this area was upgraded to the status of a National Park and the boundaries were extended to include coral reef around them Pigeon Island is also a well known birds' sanctuary. The island is colonized by a large number of rock pigeons and hence it is called as the "Pigeon island". The sun, sea, beach, corals, singing birds and the sea breeze will give you an experience of a life time.
The sunbeam shrine white sandy ground as crystal. The ideal time for snorkelling is between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. when the sun is directly above and visibility is at its peak.
Sri Lanka Mini tours (SLMT) give you the chance to plunge into this amazing underwater world with its exclusive Snorkelling tour. Your safety always comes first. All equipments and experience guide will be provided. This is your chance to make truly unique memories and explore a world that has been largely untouched.
What to bring
• Sun Hat
• Towel & Change of Clothes
• All participants will be given a safety briefing.
• The importance of listening to the guide or instructor.
• Don't dive alone.
• Always check your gear.
• Never hold your breath.
• Don't ascend faster than your smallest exhaled bubbles.
• Don't stay down too long.
• Don't dive too deep.
• Don't go in overhead environments.
• Don't dive beyond your training.
• Don't forget your safety stop.
• Don't forget to log your dives.
• For health reasons, you must not fly within 24 hours of your last dive. Please remember this when planning your diving activities
Be a responsible traveler with your every step to save the future